Treatment Instructions For Dermal Fillers, Botox, Profhilo , Plinest, and Laser.
- If you have a history of cold sores, please inform your provider prior to treatment. The doctor will need to write a prescription to pre-treat to eliminate the chances of you developing a cold sore post treatment.
- Avoid anti-inflammatory/blood thinning medications 10-14 days prior to treatment. Medications such as: Aspirin, Vitamin E, Gingko Biloba, Ginseng, St. John’s Wort, Omega 3/Fish Oil Supplements, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve, and other NSAIDS have a blood thinning effect and can increase the risk of bruising and swelling after injections.
- Avoid consuming alcoholic beverages 1 week prior to treatment (alcohol may thin the blood and increase the risk of bruising).
- Schedule your appointment at least 1-2 weeks prior to a special, such as a wedding or a vacation due to risk of bruising and swelling post treatment.
- Be sure to have a good meal before your procedure. This will decrease the chances of lightheadedness during your treatment.
Botox Post Treatment
- Do NOT manipulate the treated area for 4 hours following treatment.
- Do NOT receive facials, facial laser treatments, or microdermabrasion after Botox injections for at least 7 days. It is advisable to ensure you come for your 2week follow up to ensure optimal result are achieved.
- Do NOT lie down or perform activities involving straining, heavy lifting, or vigorous exercise for 4 hours after your Botox treatment. This will prevent the Botox from tracking into the orbit of your eye and causing drooping of the eyelid.
- It can take approximately 4 to 7 days for results to be seen. If the desired result is not seen after 2 weeks of your treatment, you may need additional Botox.
Dermal Filler Post Treatment
- Avoid laser treatments directly over or above Hyaluronic Acid fillers for 2 weeks after injection.
- Do NOT perform activities involving straining, heavy lifting, or vigorous exercise for 24 hours after your treatment.
- Avoid massaging/manipulating the treated area for 24 hours following treatment (unless instructed by your provider).
- Do NOT consume excess amounts of alcohol or sodium to avoid excess swelling.
- If you have swelling, you may apply a cool compress for 5-10 minutes each hour (5 mins over eyes) and take Paracetamol to ease any discomfort.
- We recommend sleeping on your back and slightly elevated, if you experience swelling.
- Avoid dental work 1-2 weeks after filler injections.
Profhilo / Plinest
- Stay hydrated before and after the treatment.
- Apply cool compress on treated area to reduce bruises or swelling.
- Use a skin recovery serum for faster recovery and outcome.
- Follow your treatment schedule for best result.
- Don’t touch the treated area for 6 hours to avoid risk of infection.
- Do not apply make-up for at least 24 hours.
- Don’t expose the treated area to intense heat or excessive sun exposure for 48 hours.
- Avoid intense exercise for 48 hours.
- Avoid AHA, Retinols, Vitamin C based products for 48 hours.
- Avoid drinking alcohol and smoking for 48 hours before and after the treatment.
- Avoid facial treatment and massage for 1 week.
Laser Post Treatments
- Apply moisturizer to hydrate and protect newly treated skin.
- Cleanse your face with a gentle cleanser.
- Use sunscreen with a SPF of 45 or higher.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for at least 2 weeks after laser to avoid skin damage.
- Keep area cool as needed (ie ice, cold washcloth).
- Notify us if you have prolonged redness , puffiness or other unusual side effects.
- Refrain from wearing any makeup for the first week after laser procedure.
- Do not peel off or scrub any scabs that formed after laser procedures.
- Avoid using toner or any active ingredients like Retin-A, Benzoyl Peroxide or any astringents two weeks after procedure.
- Avoid facials or massages over treated area until fully healed.
- No exercise is recommended for 24 hours.
- Wash the area with very hot water until completely healed.
G-6 Infinity Tower
28 Jalan SS6/3
47301 Petaling Jaya
Selangor Darul Ehsan
G-1-A The Icon
1 Jalan 1/68F
Off Jalan Tun Razak
50400 Kuala Lumpur
Mon – Sat: 9.30am – 6pm